Filing for H1B rather than L1B extension

sai19788

My L1 B Visa would be expired in month in Aug 2012 but my I94 is valid until Feb 2013 and my company has planned to file for my L1 extension in month of June/July 2012 and then file for H1b in month of Oct/Nov

My Queries

a) Can i continue my stay until my I94 is valid ?

b) If i can continue to stay until I94 is valid ? then wouldn't it be more apprioriate for my company to file for H1B rather than L1b extension in june and July this year ?

c) Also as per my manager , its not good to file for GC when we are filing for any kind of other work Visa's extensions or new Visa's . Is this true ?

If a foreign national seeks readmission as a Blanket L-1,the individual's visa is unexpired, and the Blanket Petition is still valid, the foreign national will ordinarilly be admited for three years.

As for changing status to H1B, the H1B cap has been reached for this year. Therefore, unless you have been counted against the cap, you likely not be able to change to H1B status before the new fiscal year (October 1.)

H1B and L1 status both allow for "dual intent." Therefore, there generally is no probelm with filing for both H1B or L1 status and a green card at the same time.

Archived