H1B - I797 and I-129 original details

KV2004

Hi,

I am currently working a full time employee for a company in VA and my current employer being unaware of the visa stamping and all is not willing to provide me with my original I797 and I129 documents...

Are there any details relating to this information on USCIS or VFS website which I can provide to my employer and clarify this with him.

I have only been given my i-94 copy which comes with the approval. Please advise me on this ASAP, I should go to India for stamping.

Thanks

If you have received the entire bottom portion of the approval notice (I-94 on the right and petition details on the left), technically that is sufficient to apply for a Visa. However, most employers give the entire notice to the employee. Try to see if your employer can share a copy of the top part of approval notice.

As for the copy of I-129 that was filed, you can check a US Consulate's website and show that to your employer. They can then see that it is one of the recommended documents for Visa application.

You can also ask your employer to consult their lawyer about which documents they need to give you for your Visa application. They will listen to their lawyers I think.

Archived