Visa approved after 9 months

lostpacket

Hi

Its been painful last 9 months that I had to go through for this visa process in EC model.

Brief details given below.

---------------attempt 1------------------

Client :H-1b filed with company A but I was working for company B since Feb 2011. Employer did not give me LCA for the second client. Probably reason was the company B was in the same MSA (metrostatistical area )

Interview Date : 31'st May 2011

Green slip. Told them work for both A and B . It was true . He probably didn't like I don't have LCA for B.

Doc submitted: 1 week later

Case sent to USCIS : In August

petition expired: 29'th Sept 2011 ( mine was 1 year h-1b)

Employer filed for new H-1B , approved in October. The whole September was wasted as I had to wait for the client letter. The H-1B was filed for client B.

---------------attempt 2------------------

Interview Date: 19'th October Mumbai

yellow slip. No docs asked. Reason told by VO is my previous case is with USCIS.

I told that the petition is expired, the Vo didn't listen.

My lawyer followed up requesting to only consider present case as validity dates on previous case have expired.

2 email conversations between consulate and lawyer took 1 month due to "timely" response of the consulate.

I received email from consulate on Dec 2'nd to submit documents.

I submitted documents on 23'rd December. I submitted original degree certificates as well.

Email from consulate to submit passport : 18'th January

Submitted the passport at Hyderabad VFS

During the same time , I got the docs that I had submitted along with degree certificates.

Received stamped passport by courier on 24'th January. Blue dart is super fast.

Going back to the US on 13'th Feb.

--------------frustrations-------------------

Overall, worst experience of my life. Due to stress I have grown gray hair. Was the US visa worth it ? No medicine can restore it back to black no matter how much I earn in US :)

---------------conclusions------------------

Few things I learnt,

**You can't expedite the 221g process.

**Don't email consulate frequently about processing time unless you have something else to say. They take their own time.

**I wasted considerable amount of time by checking passport status a million times on VFS website. You will get the notification from VFS on phone and email.

**Its better to get the new employer rather than filing the h1b case with the same if the case is sent back to USCIS for review.

--------------future plans----------------------

Next time, I will either find a full-time job ( no EC or EVC or in house ) or come back to India permanently. I don't want to go through this mess again.

I worked in India for few months at my company's India branch in Hyd. It was a good experience working in India as I had never worked here before. I had better lunch and evening was spent with friends roaming here and there :)

My life in US is going to suck again except financially.

Congratulations !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I understand your achivements and loss:) but still you have some hair although they are grey, few people started loosing them :)........no harm to come back in India but only thing it should not happen all of sudden becuase so many things needs to be wind up in US.

no need to worry when you come next time you dont have to go for stamping again till this visa is valid, no need to see the consulate again:)

congrats once again and have a safe flight

Archived