H1B Visa Interview @ Vancouver on 02nd Feb 2012 10 AM :)

Pavan@Murthy

Got down at Vancouver Airport..Exchanged to Canadian dollars..Took metro (9$) to Waterfront station (that's the last stop)..after you get down, go straight until you hit W. Pander street (If you are staying in the hotel on the same street as the US Consulate)

Visa Interview: [ This is for stamping of my first extension ]

Hello Officer

VO: Hello

How are you doing today?

VO: I'm good and yourself?

Good :) Thanks

[i handed him the Passport, I-797, DS-160 confirmation page, (which were already strapped together in the previous counter along with token number)]

VO: Who do you work for?

XXX

Whats your Project?

XXX

VO:Whats your role?

XXX (as given in your offer letter)

VO: How long have you been with XXX?

XXX

VO:Are you with End Client?

Yes, I'm with XXX

VO: How long have you been with end client?

XXX

VO:How do you report to XXX?

I submit my time sheets weekly and update the Project status bi-weekly

[by this time he had already placed my passport in the box behind him for Visa stamping]

VO: Did you go to school in US?

No

VO: Whats your highest degree in India?

Bachelor of Engineering in Computer science

after a couple of seconds....

VO: Sorry for making you wait..One second, I'm almost done..just one last thing..

That's ok officer.

VO: Can I see your paychecks for last 6 months

I handed him the paychecks for last one year

VO: [He checked first paycheck, and read aloud the compnay name (XXX) and verified its the same company and checked next three and went all the way to the last couple of paychecks..]

VO: Looks good..Your visa is approved..you can collect it in three days..handed me the doc with the website details where I can check the status and pick the passport from DHL.

Thanks Officer..Have a great day!!:)

No other supporting docs asked other than the Paychecks

Personal Experience: Visa officer is very cool and very respectful. Just answer him briefly :)

Tips: When you get down at the Vancouver airport, have the Passport, Visa appointment confirmation and Hotel reservation handy.When you go to the consulate, have your passport, DS-160 application confirmation and I-797 outside handy.

Wish you all the BESTt!!

thanks for sharing the experience, I am planning for H1 extension stamping Vancouver on Feb 24. In my case, my company 'x' merged with company 'y' recently in Jan 2012, and suddenly my paystubs started showing Company 'y' name. Do you see any problem, when consular look in to my current paystub, and compare with previous stubs

thanks for sharing the experience, I am planning for H1 extension stamping Vancouver on Feb 24. In my case, my company 'x' merged with company 'y' recently in Jan 2012, and suddenly my paystubs started showing Company 'y' name. Do you see any problem, when consular look in to my current paystub, and compare with previous stubs

Archived