Mistake in DS-160

uday123

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Friends,

I have visa interview next week. I made a mistake in DS160 for my wife(dependent visa). Reading the reviews i have filled new DS160 with correct information. Do i need to call call center to update the new number or i should go to consulate with old and new barcode. 

Please help!!

I can see many have asked the questions, but no one updated about what happened when they followed the suggestions. 

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
My wife was working for a US consulting company on H1B, she went to India on 2013 for vacation, during visa stamping she was given 221g and got a later refusal letter stating that the employer doesn't seem to provide employment by US laws and regulations, apparently, she was not paid during her maternal leave that had ticked the officer.After getting 221g, she got H4 visa stamped as I have an H1B and travelled to US.

Now, she is a full-time employee of another US based company on H1B. She went to India last week for a vacation and faced H1B visa stamping. She was again given 221g. This time because of our oversight as we did not check "have you ever been refused a US Visa" check-box in DS160. When the Officer asked her during the interview about previous refusal, she told him what had happened. Please advice on if there could be anything that could be done, besides waiting for 221g.

Archived