RFE processing time and Upgrading t=it for premium processing

Samasthitha

Hi everyone

I have applied through a company for my H1-B in may 2011. I got RFE notice on aug 2011 for which a response was sent. The USCIS received it on october 14 and have updated my status. It's been more than 100 days now post RFE recepit yet I have no response from them. Status still says "response review"

Now the question is I want to upgrade my case to premium processing for which my company says it cannot be done now because there is nothing as "premium processing" for RFE per se. So if premium was to be done, it should have been done at the finish of H1-B cap count (november 2011) or at the beginning of a new cap count which is april 2012. This sounds ridiculous to me.

Can the company upgrade my H1-B (at any given point, since I have not heard form the USCIS) to premium processing irrespective of the RFE?

Somebody please help.

On RFE, they must have mentioned, if you dont hear back from us within 60 days of replying contact our office.... Your Attorney should have contacted USCIS long back, asking for the status of the application.

Your company[ attorney ]can definitely upgrade the processing to Premium at anytime. Either they can pay for it or YOU. (USCIS allows beneficiary to pay PP fees). Attorney will have to send check and additional information like receipt number and another cover letter asking for upgrade to premium, once they check gets deposited and you should hear back from them within 15 business days i guess.

Thank you for the response. That's helpful

Unfortunately my case got denied and i am highly disappointed.

I have to move one, so planning to applying through another company. I had a query regarding my cae. If i apply (fresh application)through another comapny will I be still counted in the 2012 cap count ? My last application was dated May 2011.

Jasmine I got a surprising news (the same day of my denial) that my case was amended when I got RFE (in oct) . So I have a new receipt number and a new case altogether. That was relieving. So my new case is in the initial review. On feb 17 it would be 4 mnths post new filing. I would as well request for a premium processing. Meanwhile in your case ask the attorney or employer to request for a call to the USCIS and try to get to know what's happening in your case. hope this helps.

Archived