H1 B stamping after 221g was issued

sam3398

Hi friends

One of my friend went for stamping on Jan 16th 2012 to chennai and he was issued a 221g green form... he was not asked for any additional documentation... this what it says

" The petition is being returned to USCIS for further review. Upon completion of the review the USCIS will contact your petitioner. Please wait for a notification from consulate before you return"

He was also told that an amendment was not filed when he changed to different client i.e he is not working for the same client that was mentioned when the H1 was filed.

However his employer filed for an amendment on Jan 20th with the latest job details and that was approved so he is planning on booking a date for the stamping.

We just want to know

1)if it is ok to return to the same consulate or try from a different one.

2) Will the officer be aware that his previous petition is under review.

3) If the officer is aware then what kind of questions will he ask

4) His latest petition shows a starting validity date and Jan 30 2012 while his previous one was approved on feb 1 2011 and he changed clients in july 2011 (so i suppose the amendment should have been filed then) ... will this be an issue.

6) Is it OK to return immediately to the stamping with the latest petition that was issued after amendment or should he wait till the previous petition has been reviewed (we were told that it would take about 6 to 8 months in some cases and its not a guarantee even after that).

5) If anyone is aware please let us know of the questions that will be asked in general in these kind of case

He in working on a EVC model and has almost all the necessary documentation (except for the amendment which has now been approved)

Please help us with this

Thanks

1. Doesn't Matter

2. Yes

3. You can never guess what question VO will ask

4. No

5. If it has a new petition number go for it... make sure you take client letter pay stubs and other related documents with you

Chances are they might again issue 221 for additional documents

Thanks for the reply...

Archived