H4 Questions

akrishn

I am working in US on H1. Have valid visa (stamped) until 2014. My wife was on H1 too and she filed for H4 while in US and due to some unforeseen circumstances she had to visit India while the application was under process. We received a denial for my wife's H4 application and it was stated that she would need to visit a consulate in home country to get the H4. I need to apply for H4 for my wife and newborn now (Hyderabad Consulate). What would I need to be aware of. Will there be any issues. How is the consulate approval's in Hyderabad for H4? What additional documents would we need for my wife and newborn apart from the following:

1) PP (Wife/Son) - Original

2) PP (Mine )- Copy

3) Employment Letter

4) I - 797

5) Paystubs

6) Tax returns (company)

7) Marraige photos

8) My wifes past MS certificates and Old employer related supporting docs (Are these necessary?)

9) DS160 (Can we have only one form for both wife and son or separate?)

10) HDFC Receipts and Interview supporting docs

Please suggest. We want to make sure nothing from our end is wrong.

• 2 months later...

Will there be any issues: Are you on EVC model ? If yes, then there will be issue with stamping, they are strict with issuing visa's for EVC model even H4's.

I am on EVC but I can get Client letter too if needed. I got my first H1 Visa stamped in India and for Extension got it stamped in Mexico. Why do you say that H4 stamping may be an issue. I do see a lot of them are getting 221g's but not denails.... Any advice that and anything that we need to be aware of or be cautious of?

Archived