Vancouver - No. of days it takes to receive passport after H1 stamping

shrutik

Hi all,

I scheduled my H1 visa appointment in Vancouver for March 15th. Would like to book my flight tickets but not sure how many days I will have to stay there if I get stamped successfully. People who have been there recently, can you let me know the number of days it normally takes to get the passport nowadays.

-Shruti

If you attend the interview on monday, you will get the waybill number by Tuesday 6-9PM.

Generally DHL will be closed by then. So your passport will be available by Monday.

Some people might not get the mail. But Still there is way to track the passport.

when you book the appointment in https://usvisa-info.com/en-CA/selfservice/p , you will have a reference ID there. In DHL website, there is way to track your passport using that Reference number. Also that particular appointment page will be updated with Passport delivery status by Wednesday.

If you attend the interview on monday, you will get the waybill number by Tuesday 6-9PM.

Generally DHL will be closed by then. So your passport will be available by Monday.

hi vanc_boy, did you mean Wednesday?? also, is this based on ur recent experience? my apointment is on a Tuesday. so is it safe to book my return ticket for Thursday evening or shud i book it for Friday?

Getting the Waybill number next day need not be true in all the cases as mine was approved on 02nd Feb 12 at 10 AM and I haven't got my Waybill number yet (Its 11.30 PM 03rd Feb) and also I heard that lot many other people not receiving it next day. I'm not sure it has got anything to do with attending the interview at starting of the week or at end of the week. So, I suggest not to book return tickets even though its little expensive to book a day before but If you must book, then I would say leave at least 3 business days if not 5 days.

ATB ;)

Yes Shruthik, if you attend on tuesday, you should get it by thursday morning. (based on my experience)

Some people might not get the mail. But Still there is way to track the passport.

when you book the appointment in https://usvisa-info....A/selfservice/p , you will have a reference ID there. In DHL website, there is way to track your passport using that Reference number. Also that particular appointment page will be updated with Passport delivery status by Wednesday.

Archived