Procedure for H4 Visa

sp1984

Hello everyone !

I am on H1B and will be getting married on April 13th, 2012 in India.

I contacted an agent in India to work on (to be) wife's H4 visa and he gave some other procedures for applying for H4 which got me confused totally.

Can someone please explain me the procedure for applying for H4 visa in detail ?? I mean where to begin with and if any documents/letters need to be sent to US Consulate before actual interview date ??

Please advise.

Thank You in advance.

You need to prove that you have a full time job (i.e., provide pay stubs, tax returns, letter from your employer stating that you are working for them, etc.,) and you are on H1B status (i.e., your H1 approval and I-94). In addition, you need to prove that you are legally married (i.e., marriage certificate, photographs, wedding card, etc.,). It is really simple to apply for H4 and honestly you don't need an "agent".

I am not sure if you have to submit the documents before the interview. I think it depends on the consulate/embassy. Some require that you need to and some don't. Check their website and you will find those information.

Thank you rrr2008. I thought assigning an agent will ease things for me, however, it is not happening !!

So, I think this H4 visa procedure is as per following:-

(1) Fill DS-160 form.

(2) Submit HDFC Visa fee. Get Fee Receipt with Barcode.

(3) Take an interview date. (Carry all required documents, which you mentioned before in other topic)

(4) Attend the interview.

Can you please rectify me if I am wrong ??

Archived