My company sent a message on PERM. I did not understand it. Pls help

kishore007

Hi,

I initiated the PERM process in my current company, i.e. i filled in the forms and uploaded docs on my firm's web portal for the firms immigration team to work on it and submit PERM application eventually. There was no response after this, when i sent a mail for an updtae, i got this reply - Can someone tell me what it means -

Quote[edited] - Please note, we are unable to file any PERM applications currently due to a DOL mandated recruitment period in process.

I thought i knew about the PERM process till i read this. Please advice.[My firm has more than 50k employees and does gc filing for lots of employees ]

You need to learn the PERM process by yourself. There are a few stages before filing PERM. Right now your employer is in recruitment process (as per your statement) and can't file your PERM until the advertising, recruiting and SWA are done. But that's not all, after all are done they have to wait for another 30 days, also called quiet period. If they/'re recruiting right now, it will be another 2-3 months before they file your actual PERM.

http://www.murthy.com/perm.html is a very good place to start and get most up to date information regarding PERM filing.

Archived