Job Description Conflict with DOL

red423

Hello My company put up this job description for my Prewailing wages, paper ad. which was approved in November 2011 which qualifies me for EB2 filing.(just FYI, i already have a previously approved eb2 I140 from my previous employer.)

Title: Sr. Datawarehouse Analyst.

"Fulfill a leadership role in planning, designing, coding, testing, debugging, configuring and documenting custom ETL applications in an Informatica data warehouse environment. Work with other application developers and guide the technical solutions through data model design, coding, testing, and deploying according to standard development methodology. Liaise with business functions to understand and document data warehouse requirements. Provide and maintain solutions to collect data from various business systems, primarily QAD Mfg/ Pro. Design and develop database instances to support business requirements. Create technical design documents. Define transformation rules. Develop testing requirements to insure data meets specification. Develop and maintain user documentation. Assist with other departmental duties as requested or necessary to meet the business condition. Observe all company policies and procedures including housekeeping, safety, and confidentiality of information. Adhere to quality and safety systems or maintenance of quality and safety standards. Requires a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, or a related field, plus 5 years of experience as a Data Architect or Analyst. Requires proficiency with SQL programming, database tuning, operating systems, relational database and proper programming techniques. Requires experience with database modeling and design and ETL programming."

The DOL came back to my company saying, this job matches "Engineer position" in their database.

Title Engineer:

worker with a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or a related field, 2 years of full-time work experience related to the position, and a list of skills, which follows, here:

Proficiency with SQL programming, database tuning, operating systems, relational database and programming techniques;

Experience with any of the following technologies: Informatica Power Center, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, PerformancePoint, SQL Server, Power Shell;

Experience with OLAP schemas, such as Star or Snowflake;

Experience with database modeling, design, and ETL programming.

What should i do? How can they compare Sr. Datawarehouse Analyst with Engineer. My HR doesn't know what to do now.

Any reply would be appreciated.

Thanks

krs.

Archived