221g white slip in Ottawa - Jan 23 2012

siva1980

I attended the H1B visa interview this morning Jan 23 2102

My visa officer is from chinese origin.

He took my passport and I797 and gave the 221g white slip for further review.

I work in EC model and my client manager got the email from ottawa consulate and she replied to that.

I saw this morning there are lot of people getting 221g white slips.

Can you please share your experiences.

Do any one of you have any updates from Consulte?

Hi Siva1980,

I attended the same day little late (with my wife and kid). In my opinion, Basically 221 g slip is just a token of communication between you and the visa officer. I read so much about 221 g few years back in 2007 when I attended Chennai consulate. I got 221 g BLUE letter. Basically. The VO returned me my passport with 221g blue letter. It is checked with some tax document from my exmployer and I submitted thos with that letter. When I received the passport. The passport has a green sticker which says "221 g" the VO did not say my visa is approved or not but, he makeup his mind already. so, the 221 g blue does not mean rejection. There is no specific order of these color of 221 g. However from my experience. 221g blue is for some additional docs or interaction. Yesterday (23-Jan-2012) I got yellow 221 g. I remember people saying 221g YELLOW is more dangerous than 221g blue.

But you know what. the VO told us your visa is approved but please get back to me with your latest photographs before 11am same day. My wife and me rushed to studio and got the photos done. Then we got the white slip which says how to track waybill number. Also, evey 221g form says, the consulate is unable to issue visa and suspending the case. that can be few minutes or few hours (like me) or few days or few weeks. so, the dont be upset by 221g form. The way the authorities communicate is they will ensure utmost care in wordings and intent of the notice. Keep your hopes alive. You will definitely hear positive feedback from the consulate. Good luck!

Someone posted this at: http://www.*******

221G : A simple BLUE form asking for Extra Supporting Documents required by them to take a decision on your Visa Issuance. A case Number is Marked on this Form for your further communication.

221G : A PINK form, which means your case is put forth for further Administrative Processing – You will be given a Reference ID for you to Track the Details of your Case online. This is mostly issued if they are not satisfied about your current employer or Work Experience related information in IND or any other issues related to your Qualification or Other issues beyond our Knowledge.

221G : A WHITE form is a complex category 221G - They return the Case to USCIS for further Verification. ( Reason of doubt not Known ) Most of the cases we can zero onto Employers Issues.

221G : A YELLOW FORM: General administrative processing. They just want make sure that all documents provided by you and the employer are genuine

NO CODE - NO FORM: not given any Handout or any Code, but the Case been referred to USCIS for further Processing.

• 1 month later...

Archived