Successful visa stamping in vancouver on 5-Jan-12(EC,H1)

Prabhu_Swami

Just to update all watching this forum. First, yours is a useful forum and shared experiences are big relievers to all the worried people putting questions here looking for some answers. Thank for this forum! My confidence for going to Vancouver was boosted after I saw a lot of success posting in Vancouver who went ahead of me.

My H1 visa is approved in vancouver, canada w/o any hassles on 5-Jan-12. I went with my family. I am sharing my interview experience for the benefit of others going for it.

We were asked to submit following docs at the entrance. These docs were later referred by Visa office and kept for visa stamping.

1. Original H1 petition ( I-797 A)

2. DS160 confirmations for all applicants

3. Passport of all family memebers

During interview Visa office did not ask for any other doc. So we gave none. Docs like client letter, employer letter and other docs are frequently asked by VO and should be provided instantly to avoid any 221g. Most of the folks taking interview in India or Canada are being asked. However, in our case none was asked. Interview lasted for 3-4 minutes.

1. So you work for XXX? – yes.

2. What business XXX is in? – Computer consulting and System integration

3. What is your designation in the company? – YYY

4. How long you are working with them? – Since last 2 yrs, from Jan 2010

5. Whom do you work for – Employer or end client ? –Employer, ZZZ is our direct client. I work at client site.

6. Have you studied in US? – No.

Then for next 2 minutes VO did not ask any question, it was complete silence but he was staring on computer in front of him, checking something. Then came the most awaited words- your visa is approved, you can collect the passports from DHL in 3 business days. He kept our passports and original I-797 and we got our visa stamped passports and original I-797 on 2nd working day. We drove back to US, got new I-94 and got into US.

Two words of advice 1. Don’t volunteer any doc/info to VO unless asked for. 2. Have faith in God and confidence on yourself, be relaxed all the time and answer clearly what asked w/o manipulating. They have all your history. Don’t have a single negative thought in your mind about visa process and about VO. Just expect the good, VOs are time pressed and just doing their job to verify all the info and grant the Visas. You would be done in few mins! All the best!

Thanks

Archived