Is there a Consulate restriction for H4 applicants ?

Siya

Hello,

I plan to attend H4 interview sometime next month. I live in Hyderabad. I wanted to know if I could book a slot for H4 visa at the Chennai Consulate ? Is there a restriction geographically for h4 ? I know there is no restriction for H1 stamping per say.

To clarify the same I called the VFS helpline and asked if I could choose any consulate ? The guy answered saying "while booking your slot if you are able to see different consulates once you are on the dates page then you can choose from any of the consulates visible on the page". If I cannot see then I cannot. Hope I made sense to you guys.

A little background about me, I attended H1 visa at Hyd consulate in May 2011 and got a rejection in Sept 2011. Now almost 6 months later I plan to attend H4 interview next month after my wedding. I would like to know if its possible to go to any other consulate other than Hyderabad ?

Please help. Thank you

Thank you all for your valuable response.

Attorney_13 and others: Since I have had a H1 refusal a few months back, is there anything that I should be mindful of ? I had stopped working for my ex-employer soon as I received me refusal letter.

Would you know what questions may be asked about my previous H1 refusal ?

If the VO asks me the reason behind the refusal should I state what was given to me in their refusal email ?

Please advice. Thanks.

They will obviously have your information regarding previous petition and refusal.... No one would now for certain what kind of question VO may ask, they might not even ask related to previous rejection all depends on the case, your new employer, but chances are they might ask.

Do Not Lie....give them the truth. if they figure out you are lying you might never get another chance

Archived