Successful Stamping in Chennai after 221g in December 2011

me4visa

I had a successful stamping at Chennai consulate after 221g.

I attended the H1B visa interview at Chennai consulate during last week of Dec-11 along with my wife H4 and had 221g issued and this was cleared in four days and I got my visa.

I am on EC model and working for the same client since 2 1/2 years and this is my 2nd H1B stamping (renewal). VO asked routine questions and I was given 221 g pink forms. All the people with 221g forms need to go to another counter where they will assign the case number. When asked for resume, I submitted a copy of the same at the counter and no additional docs were requested. I got a email after four days to collect my passport with approved visa.

My sincere suggestion to all of you is to be confident and carry a copy of your resume along with all other documents mentioned in other posts. I am not saying this was only the reason but by having this handy you could at least avoid a situation where they will ask you email the documents later.

This forum really helped me in understanding the visa situation in general and thanks all for your posts. All the Best.

Archived