Successful stamping at Vancouver: 17th Jan 2012

ksri.ad

Hi All,

I got my visa stamped in Vancouver today (01/17/2012).

I work in EVC model and came for H1 stamping. I had a L1 before. I do not have a masters from US.

I had a 9:30 AM appointment. Was at consulate at 8:30 AM. The wait was long outside...went in at 9:45 AM. Went through security check on 1st floor...then got a appointment number on the 2nd floor. Everything was pretty quick here. Went to 20th...got ten-printed at counter 3.

Next I was called to counter 4 and a lady officer took my interview.She asked me basic questions.

1. Whom do you work for?

2. End client?

3. How long have you been working with your employer?

4. How long have you been working with the client?

5. Were you working for some other client before this - yes

6. what degree do you hold?

7. How often do you report to your employer?

8. through teleconferencing - yes.

Thats it. After that she said your visa is approved. You will get it in 3-5 business days from DHL.

There were 2 more guys for stamping today. They also got their visa.

Congrats and thanks for sharing ..

Did the VO ask you for any docs?

Did you have all the vendor letters and SOW with Client ...

What did you answer for How long have you been working with this client... (the reason I asked this is I was working with the current client for just 3 months ...)

Do you know if the other ppl who attended also were asked the same Q's and they are EVC models ?

Thanks in Advance

Sri

What did you answer for How long have you been working with this client... (the reason I asked this is I was working with the current client for just 3 months ...)

Do you know if the other ppl who attended also were asked the same Q's and they are EVC models ?

Thanks in Advance

Sri

Hi All,

I work in EVC model and came for H1 stamping. I had a L1 before. I do not have a masters from US.

I had a 9:30 AM appointment. Was at consulate at 8:30 AM. The wait was long outside...went in at 9:45 AM. Went through security check on 1st floor...then got a appointment number on the 2nd floor. Everything was pretty quick here. Went to 20th...got ten-printed at counter 3.

Next I was called to counter 4 and a lady officer took my interview.She asked me basic questions.

1. Whom do you work for?

2. End client?

4. How long have you been working with the client?

5. Were you working for some other client before this - yes

6. what degree do you hold?

7. How often do you report to your employer?

8. through teleconferencing - yes.

Thats it. After that she said your visa is approved. You will get it in 3-5 business days from DHL.

There were 2 more guys for stamping today. They also got their visa.

Thanks in Advance

Sri

Hi All,

I work in EVC model and came for H1 stamping.I do not have a masters from US.

I had a 9:30 AM appointment. Was at consulate at 8:30 AM. The wait was long outside...went in at 9:45 AM. It will be fine if you go to interview before 30mins do not need to go too much early becuase you have to stay in the cold.

Do not take any sealed covers because they let you open it anyways at the security.

Went through security check on 1st floor...then got a appointment number on the 2nd floor. Everything was pretty quick here. Went to 20th...got ten-printed at counter 3.

Next I was called to counter 5 and a th officer took my interview. He asked me basic questions.

1. Whom do you work for and what your employer do? - (Do not say its a consulting company, talk about your employer services)

2. Who is your client and how long you working with this client?

4. Is your clinet and employer same locatoin?

4. what degree do you hold?

6. How often do you report to your employer?

Thats it. After that he said your visa is approved. You will get it in 3-5 business days from DHL.

There were 2 more H1 Candidates for stamping today. They also got their visa.

Be confident and it's a good place to get your visa.

Good Luck!

@raviatsj - Haven't got the waybill number yet. Hoping to get it by today evening. The guys who appeared for visa interview on 13th (friday) got their waybill number on 17th evening as 16th was a holiday it seems.

@tech99sri - VO did not ask for any documents. I was not carrying SOW of client. I have been working since 9 months for this client. The other 2 people who attended were on EVC model. One of them has posted his experience in the same thread.

Archived