Working on New H1B - Previous employer still credited Salary for current Period.

junymathew

Hi Friends.

Here is my case. I entered US on L1 Visa with my previous employer on June 2009. I got a new Job on November 2011 and my new employer filed for my Fresh H1B and it was approved Nov 22nd 2011. I gave notice to my previous employer that i would be leaving them by November 25th 2011 and i joined with my new Employer on November 28th 2011.

I have recently noticed that my previous employer incorrectly credited the salary for December 2011 and generated the pay slips for the same. So I have 2 Payslips for December 2011. One with the previous employer and one with my current employer.

I have with me all the emails showing that i gave my previous employer notice that i will be leaving them on November 25th 2011.

My new employer has initiated the process for my GC and will be filing for PERM next week. Now i am worried whether having 2 payslips for the same period with 2 different employers might create problems

Can you please provide your feedback whether this might be a problem in the GC process. If it might be a problem what are the remediation steps that I should take so as to reduce any possible impact.

Thank you

Juny

It should be okay.

Hello @ livliv

Thank you for your response. Do you mean that I should not have to do anything about it? I mean Won't USCIS have issues that I have Multiple Payslips from Different employers for the same Period?

This certainly is a fault from my previous employer and i never worked for them during that period. I do not want this to affect my GC process in any way. Hence why I would like to know if there is something that i should do upfront.

Regards

Juny

Archived