Urgent-Is I-94 extension (after passport renewal) happening at Tijuana-Mexico OR Stopped !!!

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All,

Got my I-94 renewed successfully last Saturday(Feb-13-2016).

1. Take daily pass on bus ($7; Route: 992 from San Diego airport) and get down at City College trolley station.

2. Get on to Blue Line trolley towards San Ysidro.  Get down at San Ysidro in about 40 mins.

3. Go to Mc Donalds on your left. Free yourself in paid restrooms (25 cents). Fish-O-Filet was very good which I had two.

4. Out from McD, take left and follow signs "Pedestrian walkway to Mexico".

5. Go thru the border gate which has no turning back and take slight left.  Right is closed.

6. Stand in Foreigner's line and get entry into Mexico. 

7. Follow the public and press red button.  Once clear go out of building onto bridge on left. 

8. Follow public and stand in line at gate for "I-94 Permits".  

9. Go inside the building the on right once you pass thru gate.

10. Pay $6 at the counter to take I-94 permit card.

11. Wait in line. Once CBP officer calls you explain him why you need new I-94. They will ask for I-129 (Petition document).

12. After verifying the old and new passport along with petition document they will print the I-94 card.

13. Get out of the building (check your documents again) and follow "General Public" line.

14. Get thru CBP checking, take left and you are back in US onto Trolley station (slight right) where you got down.

15. Take Blue line on opposite side (MC D) to American Plaza.  From there take 992 (across the street) to Airport.

16. Check your I-94 online, it gets updated too.  Done.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

Thanks a lot for all detailed information with regard to getting a new I-94.

I tried to look for info regarding my case thru the forum but couldnt find out.

I am also in the same boat,

a) new passport renewal

b) I-94 till old passport expiry date (Sep 2016)

c) Approved  I-797 till 2018

d) but i have an expired h1b visa stamp in my old passport.  Visa stamp expired in October 2015

In this case

1. Can i still go to Tijuana for getting new I-94 (using automatic visa revalidation)?

2. Do i have to get a mexican visa for entering?

I have a newborn and dont want to get stuck in mexico cause of the expired us visa stamp.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks in advance for your help.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I am  from  San Jose (Bay Area), My i 94 will expire in 2 months and planning to go "San Diego - Tijuana Mexico border" let me know if anyone planning to go next month on weekends.

Thanks,

Swathi

Hi Swathi

Same is the case with me. Let me know if you are planning to travel.

regards

Sunita V

Hi All,

I am  from  San Jose (Bay Area), My i 94 will expire in 2 months and planning to go "San Diego - Tijuana Mexico border" let me know if anyone planning to go next month on weekends.

Thanks,

Swathi

Hi All,

I am  from  Fremont, CA , My i 94 will expire in next 2 months let me know so that we can plan.

Thanks,

Swathi

Hi,

My I-94 is also expiring in June 2016 and need to travel to Mexico for its renewal. I stay in Sunnyvale, CA and still deciding on to choose the land or the air route. I have few options in my mind, if anyone looking for a company or a shared ride, please let me know.

Thanks,

Himanshu

If interested, please feel free to contact me at  ***************@gmail.com

Edited by MurthyAdmin
Members who wish to share their contact information may do so by updating their profile with the information they wish to share.

If interested, please feel free to contact me at  h.himanshuj@gmail.com

I have my I-94 extension pending by May 4th and planning to travel this week or next week to Mexico broder. I live in San Jose. I am planning to drive. Let me know if you are interested / your plans.

you can contact me on ******************@gmail.com

Edited by MurthyAdmin
Members who wish to share their contact information may do so by updating their profile with the information they wish to share.

Hi, My wife is on H4 dependent visa and her I 94 has expired on April 2, 2016 as her passport was expiring that date. I got her passport renewed but just noticed that her I-94 has already expired. Her valid visa is stamped in her old passport till July 2016 and her I-797 petition is also valid till July 2016. Can someone please let me know if I can get her I-94 renewed / re-issued in the Tijuana border? Will that be a problem? Has anyone faced a similar situation?

Any suggestions or experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

I am travelling to San Diego and then Mexico Border tomorrow. I will land San Diego around 11:30Am and will hire a retal car from there.

Anyone who needs a ride can reach out to me.

Regards,

Arpit (*****************)

Edited by MurthyAdmin