Marraige Certificate problem (Will apply for EAD)

raptors

Dear members,

My I-140 is approved and am waiting for my priority date to be current. My PD is Nov 2010 in EB2 category. I am not sure when my PD will become current but in mean while I am preparing all the documents required to apply for a EAD.

I had one question regarding marriage certificate. We need to submit marriage certificate if applying for EAD. In my marriage certificate my spouse has two names written on it.

For example: Suppose my Last name is Smith and my spouse last name before marriage is Jones. In my Marriage certificate my spouse name is written as below in the name field:

XYZ Jones (Before Marriage), XYZ Smith (After Marriage)

All her educational documents,Passport,SSN and US Visa are in name XYZ Jones. Will the above naming cause any issue while applying for EAD? Legally i feel the above names show she is my wife, but i am little bit worried if USCIS will accept my marraige certificate.

I am from India and its very difficult to change names on marraige certificates.

Did any body face the problem what i am facing.

Thanks

Raptors - My I-140 is also approved though PD is too far (09/2011). However, I am also thinking of gathering all information. My wife's has her maiden name in all the documents including the marriage certificate. We didn't change it because of too much paperwork and inconvenience but one can argue that she decided to keep her maiden name. I wouldn't think it would be any issue as long as the marriage certificate is genuine and if it is then well I have a problem.

Archived