H4 stamping without H1 being present for stamping

koraddd

Hello,

Me and my wife have H1 and H4 visas currently and are in US. We initially had F1 and F2 respectively which were stamped but now they are expired as we have new H1 and H4. My wife is thinking of going to India in May but i cannot make it at that time. So can she stamp her H4 alone in India without my stamping as i would be in US.

Please guide us.

Thanks

Hello,

Me and my wife have H1 and H4 visas currently and are in US. We initially had F1 and F2 respectively which were stamped but now they are expired as we have new H1 and H4. My wife is thinking of going to India in May but i cannot make it at that time. So can she stamp her H4 alone in India without my stamping as i would be in US.

Please guide us.

Thanks

Pls check with your lawyer as you changed your status from F1 to H1, and you did not get the stamp yet.

I was in slightly different situation. I had my initial F1 to H1 stamping done in India. My wife went for H4 renewal while I was in US on H1 extension without stamping. Her H4 was approved recently in India even though I didn't have my visa stamp. They mainly ask for i-797 H1 petition approval notice.

Thanks for the reply. I would have all the forms and pay-stubs i recently got my H1 as it was under non-cap plus i am working as a Professor with a State university. Our whole concern is would my wife need my H1 stamped for her H4 stamping.... Hope there would be someone similar to our case....

• 1 year later...

Hello,

Please guide us.

Did your wife get the visa? I am in a similar situaton. So, would like to know the outcome.

Thanks

Archived