GC Options - 4th Year of H1

cancer001

Hello All

I completed 3.5 years on my H1 till date. I did not start the GC process yet, planning to start it asap. My current employer doesn't do GC's.

I was with a consulting company initially then moved to an MNC last year. I am in the process of finding new job in next few months, can you please suggest me options on how I can start GC before finding the job?

Thanks for your time.

In general, one does not have to be employed by the U.S. employer for that employer to sponsor the individual for a Green Card. However, the employer and the individual must intend employment (and then must actually do it) once the individual's Green Card is approved. The Green Card sponsorship is just like an H1B sponsorship - you must find a U.S. employer, with a position available in which you qualify, to sponsor you.

If you have specific questions in regard to your case, I recommend that you contact a knowledgeable immigration attorney in regard to your case.

The Murthy Law Firm has a very well-regarded Greencard Department with extensive experience who would be able to provide you with excellent assistance. Please feel free to call our office to schedule a consultation with one of our attorneys.

Archived