H1b --> blue slip, company refuses for documents, H4 ?

tahu

I worked in US on H1B, went for stamping in India, got a blue slip 221 g.

My company refuses to give me tax returns and other documents. Though my Husband got his H1B stamped.

1) Should I get a letter from my company saying that it refuses to give me some documents and submit that letter to VFS with the other required documents, would this help ?

2) If this doesn't work out can I file H4 on my Husband's H1B (Valid) while my H1B is still a pending case?

3) In case I get H4 and come to US, can I file H1B again with another company even though I am not on pay roll of the old company right now? and in this case do I have to wait till OCT to start the job?

Please reply ASAP.

Generally, all documents requested by the Consulate must be provided unless they are unavailable. If the employer refuses to provide certain documents the employer can provide a letter explaining the reason for refusal; however, it is unlikely the visa will be issued. Generally, an individual may apply for a H4 visa if his/her spouse is maintaining valid H1B status. If at some later point, the H4 holder choses to change to H1B status his/her employer will need to file a new I-129 petition with a request to change status. Please schedule a consultation with an experienced immigration attorney to discuss these issues in more detail.

When you say "Other Documents" what do you mean ?

Regarding Tax Returns and Wage Reports sometimes, employers would not like to give that information to the employee, there are 2 things you can do:

1. Ask the employer to send the documents directly to the consulate ( not sure if that is allowed)

2. Employer Sends the documents to you in a SEALED enveloped Addressed to the Consulate General and you submit the sealed envelope.

Unless it's a shady consulting company i guess they should not have problem with the second option i mentioned above.

Archived