Which is faster way to get GC?

I'm eligible to file GC in EB2 category(currently on h1b) but I haven't started the process, but my employer is willing to do so.

On the other hand my wife is about 2.5-3 years away from applying for US citizenship.

My question are as follows:

1. How long does it take to get GC once my wife has completed the citizenship eligibility? (applying for citizenship + receiving it + becoming eligible for applying spouse's gc + getting that gc)?

2. What would you recommend - applying eb2 sponsored by employer considering that there has been recent movements in the eb2 category moving current year to jan 2010 or waiting for my wife's citizenship?

I am not professional, But I suggest you to apply green card through your employer now. EB2 is moving very fast. So at this rate even if there is a retro in the movement, it might not take more than 2 yrs for your PD to get current. In that case you will get GC even before your wife gets her citizen ship.

But If really the EB2 moment slows down for some reason, then you can file through your wife then after 2.5 - 3 years. Even for dependent GC processing takes time. So when you have your employer willing to sponsor for GC go ahead now.

Archived