Visa Interview Questions first time canada

john_bro

Hi All,

I got my petition approved in March 2011 and now I plan to travel outside USA. I am in a EC model. I want to know if I can go to Canada for Stamping (first time stamper). If yes, is Vancouver, toronto or Ottawa better. I live and work in Los Angeles, CA. I need a few more questions answered if you can

1) If I don't get my visa stamped .. can I enter USA with just the H1B petition.

2) If I get a 221 (g) or some other color form. Can I still come to the USA and follow up on my case. Because I will lose my job if I stay back longer than 1 week in Canada.

3) My attorney did not make copies of all the docs submitted during petition. But only some important ones like I have my I-97 approval, LCA and job offer. Would that be enough or I need to carry everything I sumitted for my petition.

4) Can I fly to Seatle or Niagara and drive up.

5) If I dont get stamped - if I fly there and fly back would airport (POE) require valid US visa (what if I dont get stamped) .. so it better to drive would the border patrol not see the Visa and let me in based on just the petition?

I need to do this soon. So please respond early.

Its Now

Shashi

I think First time H1B Stamper should go to home country, but again i am not sure,

Can you confirm this and update to us as well..

1. If you visa is not approved and got any kind of 221g slips, you cannot enter USA without a valid stamping.

2. Yes u need a valid VISA to enter back into USA either thru car or flight.

3. finally u need to have a valid CANADA visa to enter CANADA

I think First time H1B Stamper should go to home country, but again i am not sure,

Can you confirm this and update to us as well..

1. If you visa is not approved and got any kind of 221g slips, you cannot enter USA without a valid stamping.

2. Yes u need a valid VISA to enter back into USA either thru car or flight.

3. finally u need to have a valid CANADA visa to enter CANADA

I have read online that you can enter USA back without visa (Just petition) from Canada and Mexico and that is the reason people try so hard to go to these places for stamping. I have read cases of first time going to Mexico or Canada.

Please confirm someone.

Thanks much

Hi All,

I got my petition approved in March 2011 and now I plan to travel outside USA. I am in a EC model. I want to know if I can go to Canada for Stamping (first time stamper). If yes, is Vancouver, toronto or Ottawa better. I live and work in Los Angeles, CA. I need a few more questions answered if you can

1) If I don't get my visa stamped .. can I enter USA with just the H1B petition.

2) If I get a 221 (g) or some other color form. Can I still come to the USA and follow up on my case. Because I will lose my job if I stay back longer than 1 week in Canada.

3) My attorney did not make copies of all the docs submitted during petition. But only some important ones like I have my I-97 approval, LCA and job offer. Would that be enough or I need to carry everything I sumitted for my petition.

4) Can I fly to Seatle or Niagara and drive up.

5) If I dont get stamped - if I fly there and fly back would airport (POE) require valid US visa (what if I dont get stamped) .. so it better to drive would the border patrol not see the Visa and let me in based on just the petition?

I need to do this soon. So please respond early.

Its Now

Shashi

1. No

2. No

3. Carry as much as you can.

4. Yes you can.

5. You need a valid visa on your passport to enter back into US. Flying or traveling by road will not make a difference.

Also, there is no set rules of going to home country if you're a first timer. I was earlier on F1 and went to Nogales, Mexico for my H1 stamping. JUst carry all the paperwork and be confident. Use this forum to read about people's experiences and learn from them. Good Luck!

Archived