Please advise I-140 premium processing?

rskc

Hi Friends,

My LC is approved on oct 14 2011 (LC PD July 20th 2011 ) and in the processing of filing i-140? with the current trend of dates moving quickly (Eb2 india) would you guys suggest me i-140 filing under the premium or regular processing?

What would be the risk of filing 1-140 under the premium? Please advise.

Note- My H1B first extension is in the initial review stage and expecting it to be approved in another 10/15 days.

If your employer is willing to pay for premium then better go with it. Once your I-140 is approved your PD can be used for any future GC applications. We should always consider the worst case scenario of losing our jobs. If you have your I-140 approved then it gives little peace of mind.

There is no additional risk for I-140 premium when compared to regular processing.

• 4 weeks later...

If your employer is willing to pay for premium then better go with it. Once your I-140 is approved your PD can be used for any future GC applications. We should always consider the worst case scenario of losing our jobs. If you have your I-140 approved then it gives little peace of mind.

There is no additional risk for I-140 premium when compared to regular processing.

Manoj,

I have the following query on my I-140 case.

My LC(EB2) is approved on September 29 2011.Right now I am in India and I want to apply I-140 in the premium processing What would be the risk of filing 1-140 under the premium? I don't have current earning statements. Please advise.

I have my I-140 approved under PP in January 2012. The question being asked here also came to my mind. It doesn't sound like a rational or logical quest. The point is it shouldn't make any difference because the process to approve or reject is same. In my case RFE was issued within 5 days of receipt notice. The RFE was minor (attorney's office forgot to send my degree copy. Really!?). But the response to RFE was sent the very same day (via fax) and I got approval notice (email) within a week. Had I have gone through regular process, 4-5 months down the road I would have been looking at RFE and who knows how much long after that to get a decision.

The candidate can pay full or portion of PP fee. In my case, my employer was generous to share half of the cost. So if you have financial capability to spare the fee, by all means do it, its totally worth it!

itsshanks

Can you please share following details about your PP for I140,

1. When and where did you apply?

2. How soon did you get email notification after application was received?

Thank you.

<

itsshanks

Can you please share following details about your PP for I140,

1. When and where did you apply?

2. How soon did you get email notification after application was received?

Thank you.

I I-140 was applied at Texas Service Center. The receipt date was 01/06/12. RFE was issued on 01/12/12, response received the same day and decision issued (approval) a week after on 01/19/12.

sjavvad - You can track the processing time uscis.gov. From what I've seen here at the forum and also from USCIS its 4-5 months on an average. Vermont appears to skew the average USCIS national time.

I I-140 was applied at Texas Service Center. The receipt date was 01/06/12. RFE was issued on 01/12/12, response received the same day and decision issued (approval) a week after on 01/19/12.

itsshanks

Sorry to bother you again. Can you tell me if you / attorney got email notification of receipt of I140. Thanks.

itsshanks

Sorry to bother you again. Can you tell me if you / attorney got email notification of receipt of I140. Thanks.

I don't know, I didn't ask. I had the case # so I signed up for email updates. My employer got the approval notice copy a week after in mail. You can ask for the case # and can track it yourself.

Archived