Priority Date

Shruti1983

My employer has advertised for the job for my PERM. He will send the labor application this month on 9th Jan 2012. After the cooling period. Will that(9th Jan 2012) be my priority date? What if the Labor department sends any query, will that change the priority date to any later date of 9th Jan 2012? Or its just the date of the application reached to the labor department and getting a receipt.

Regards,

Shruti

• 4 weeks later...

Hi JoeF,

I have read many of your posts till now. I have talked to an immigration attorney and he said to me that priority dates gets locked only if I have an approved I-140. Other attorney says that only PERM receit is enough to lock the priority date. I have seen one more post of yours in which you have written --

JoeF

Posted 24 January 2012 - 06:48 PM

"No. The PD from employer A would be gone forever, unless you have an approved I-140 from employer A."

This post was Started by SaiRam2012, Jan 24 2012 01:25 PM With Subject line "Priority date related question"

I am still confused what is the correct situation of priority date, and when should I leave my current company A to retain the same priority date in company B.

A. I should wait untill I-140 is approved.

B. I should wait only till PERM is approved.

C. I should wait only till DOL recieves my PERM application and I get the reciept.

Please relply as my next company B is asking me to join ASAP and my current company is filing my PERM on 13th Feb 2012 as till now he was interviewing some canditates. I dont want to join company B if I lose my priority date filed by company A(Although I have EB2 qualification and I have 3.5 years left in my current H1B)

Warm Regards,

• 2 weeks later...

Archived