H1-B Visa Approved(EVC)- Vancouver- Jan 6

swetha415

Hi all,

First of all a bigggg thanks to the murthy forum and its contributors. The first reason I got the visa is GOD and second is you guys. Learnt a lot through this forum and I hope my experience helps others too .

I had appointment @ 9:30 today in Vancouver. The visa got approved and here's how it went :

I came to Vanouver last night . Me and my husband both went for h1-b visa stamping and we both had appointment at the same time

9:30 AM. I have a 19 month old son , so we took him along with us. we went to the consulate about 8:45 AM and the wait was verrrry long.

The security check was very thorough . The wait was about 1.5 hr , though our appointment was at 9:30 , we went in at 10:30 .

Inspite of us telling them that we have different appointments , they sent us in together. When the security chek was finally done , they asked us to go to 20th floor.

Called us to one counter and got us 10- finger printed. Then the visa officer called our number, we both went together and the conversation went like this :

VO : Hello , What do you do ?

Husband : I am XXX and work for YYY

VO : You madam ?

Me : I am AAA and work for BBB

VO : where do you guys live ?

H : blah blah ...

VO : Is this your h1-b extension for both of you ?

H : Yes

VO : How old is your son ?

H : 19 months

VO : Did you gradute from NNN

VO : And you mam?

Me : I graduated from India

VO : Both your visas are approved . you can get them by DHL in 3 business days.

Both : Thank you sir .

VO : Hold on a minute , I need to check something .

(At this point my heart beat was so loud , that I was able to hear it )

He checked something on this computer . My husband works as FTE for fortune 50 company , so we were sure that it was about me . I am in EVC for a small software company.

After two minutes of tension and nervousness ...

VO : Mam , you company BBB has some complaints against it that they do not treat their employees fairly . Did you have any problems with it.

Me : No , I am treated well and paid well.

VO : This does not change the issuance of your visa , but if you have any problems please call this number . ( Handed me over a small card which

explains the rights of h1-b employees)

Me : So far I don't have any problem . should I be concerned ? ( I really do not have any problem with them)

Vo : (Smiles) No ,It doesn't mean there is a problem with them , We just have it here even if the complaint was years old and we need to inform you about it

Me : Thank you

Vo : You are done here .

Both : Thanks.

Thats it . Not a single document was asked except for I797 and I think the VO assumed I am FTE too , because he did not ask anything in regard to if I work at client location etc.

DO NOT carry anything except a credit card and some money (of course the documents). If you are going to vancouver , its better to take early appointment in the morning , the later you go , the longer is the wait . The wait is outdoors so dress up accordingly.

I am not sure how it is for others but Vanouver seems to be a very good place with no 221(g)s ( atleast in the forum ) till now. So , book you appointment ASAP , because these days we never know what can happen . As everyone say ,be confident , carry all the supporting documents , talk loud and above all have faith in GOD .

All the best all you guys ...

I'd be happy to answer if you have any questions....

Swetha

Congrats Swetha. Even I'm planning to go to Vancouver for my H1B stamping. Its my first stamping as I recently transferred from F1 to H1 and working on EVC model. I badly need to get the stamping done as I have to go to INDIA in March for my brothers marriage. I have some questions If you can send me a test email to my email id, that should be great. my id is sharatchandra.d at gmaildotcom. Thanks.

Hi all,

First of all a bigggg thanks to the murthy forum and its contributors. The first reason I got the visa is GOD and second is you guys. Learnt a lot through this forum and I hope my experience helps others too .

I had appointment @ 9:30 today in Vancouver. The visa got approved and here's how it went :

I came to Vanouver last night . Me and my husband both went for h1-b visa stamping and we both had appointment at the same time

9:30 AM. I have a 19 month old son , so we took him along with us. we went to the consulate about 8:45 AM and the wait was verrrry long.

The security check was very thorough . The wait was about 1.5 hr , though our appointment was at 9:30 , we went in at 10:30 .

Inspite of us telling them that we have different appointments , they sent us in together. When the security chek was finally done , they asked us to go to 20th floor.

Called us to one counter and got us 10- finger printed. Then the visa officer called our number, we both went together and the conversation went like this :

VO : Hello , What do you do ?

Husband : I am XXX and work for YYY

VO : You madam ?

Me : I am AAA and work for BBB

VO : where do you guys live ?

H : blah blah ...

VO : Is this your h1-b extension for both of you ?

VO : How old is your son ?

H : 19 months

VO : Did you gradute from NNN

VO : And you mam?

Me : I graduated from India

VO : Both your visas are approved . you can get them by DHL in 3 business days.

Both : Thank you sir .

VO : Hold on a minute , I need to check something .

(At this point my heart beat was so loud , that I was able to hear it )

He checked something on this computer . My husband works as FTE for fortune 50 company , so we were sure that it was about me . I am in EVC for a small software company.

After two minutes of tension and nervousness ...

VO : Mam , you company BBB has some complaints against it that they do not treat their employees fairly . Did you have any problems with it.

Me : No , I am treated well and paid well.

VO : This does not change the issuance of your visa , but if you have any problems please call this number . ( Handed me over a small card which

explains the rights of h1-b employees)

Me : So far I don't have any problem . should I be concerned ? ( I really do not have any problem with them)

Vo : (Smiles) No ,It doesn't mean there is a problem with them , We just have it here even if the complaint was years old and we need to inform you about it

Me : Thank you

Vo : You are done here .

Both : Thanks.

Thats it . Not a single document was asked except for I797 and I think the VO assumed I am FTE too , because he did not ask anything in regard to if I work at client location etc.

DO NOT carry anything except a credit card and some money (of course the documents). If you are going to vancouver , its better to take early appointment in the morning , the later you go , the longer is the wait . The wait is outdoors so dress up accordingly.

I am not sure how it is for others but Vanouver seems to be a very good place with no 221(g)s ( atleast in the forum ) till now. So , book you appointment ASAP , because these days we never know what can happen . As everyone say ,be confident , carry all the supporting documents , talk loud and above all have faith in GOD .

All the best all you guys ...

I'd be happy to answer if you have any questions....

Swetha

Hi swetha

I'm planing to go to canada too for the stamping. could you let me know the procedure to book interview dates and visiting visa?

And also what documents do you need to carry? Please advice

Priya

Hi Swetha,

Was your passport not ready to be picked up on 9th. Just asking because I have a very strict timeline. I have appointment on 17th and hoping to pick passport on 18th. Wanted to understand from your experience the timeline.

That is highly impossible you might get the passport on 19 / you will definitely get on 20th

@ Priya , here are the docs I carried

1)passport

2)I94

3)I797

4)ds-160 confirmation

5)visa appointment letter

6)Photos

1)paychecks

2)W2

3)I129

4)client letter

5)Vendor letter