L1B - Visa expired, valid I-94 till Apr 2014

duivisa

Hi,

I am staying in US from last 2.5 years, recently I visited India for some family function, and that time at port of entry I got the new I-94 which is valid till Apr 2014.

My current status -

My I-94 Expiry date - April 2014

My Visa expiry date - Aug 2011

I have a L1blanket visa.

My company has filed my visa extension, I received a RFE in Sep 2011(asking for more evidences on specialized skills), which we responded back in Dec 2011. Currently I am waiting for the visa extension case result.

1> In my case with valid I-94 and L1 blanket petition, do I really need extension filing ?

2> If I withdraw the visa extension case now, can I stay and work legally till my I-94 expiry date ?

3> Does L1 blanket petitions expire (from individual employee point of view) ? if yes which document and where can I find the expiry date for my L1 blanket petition ?

4> On my Visa stamping page on right hand bottom corner I have "PED 29 Aug 2011" specified. what is that ?

Does it has anything to do with my legal work authorization ?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Thanks & Regards,

DUI

Since you are already have I94 valid till 2014,You don't need to extend your I94.Consult your attorney possibilities to withdraw the extension.The PED data is the petition expiry date.

I have a PED date of Aug 2011 on my Visa stamping.. so does that has any significance, which requires an extension filing ?

Hi,

I am staying in US from last 2.5 years, recently I visited India for some family function, and that time at port of entry I got the new I-94 which is valid till Apr 2014.

My current status -

My I-94 Expiry date - April 2014

My Visa expiry date - Aug 2011

I have a L1blanket visa.

My company has filed my visa extension, I received a RFE in Sep 2011(asking for more evidences on specialized skills), which we responded back in Dec 2011. Currently I am waiting for the visa extension case result.

1> In my case with valid I-94 and L1 blanket petition, do I really need extension filing ?

2> If I withdraw the visa extension case now, can I stay and work legally till my I-94 expiry date ?

3> Does L1 blanket petitions expire (from individual employee point of view) ? if yes which document and where can I find the expiry date for my L1 blanket petition ?

4> On my Visa stamping page on right hand bottom corner I have "PED 29 Aug 2011" specified. what is that ?

Does it has anything to do with my legal work authorization ?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Thanks & Regards,

DUI

Attorney can you please suggest your view...

Thanks.

Archived