Successful H1B renewal - Toronto - Dec 28

scorpion79

Hello All,

I had my visa interview yesterday at Toronto and it was successful. However I am a FTE with a big MNC but still working at the client site under EVC model and my interview went on for almost 10 mins

Me: GM officer, how are you?

VO: I am good and yourself?

Me: I am good thanks..

VO: What company do you work for?

Me: I work for company xxx

VO: What does your company do?

Me: Explained company profile

VO: So did you change your employer recently?

Me: No, I did change it before 6 months

VO: How long have you been in US?

Me: Answered xxx no.of years

VO: How did you get the job with this company?

Me: I was planning to change my employer and applied on this company's website. They interviewed me and I was selected for this job.

VO: What is your education?

Me: Bachelors degree from India and Systems Management in software programming from NIIT,

VO: You told me that your's is a hardware based company and your background is software development based. Why is this?

Me: Yes, I have a software background, however I also specialize in my employers products which they sell to various clients. I have to help the client with knowledge transfers, provide training on using the product that my company sells.

VO: Where do you work?

Me: Gave my work location as mentioned in LCA which is my employer's office address ( Actually my LCA shows 2 address, one my employers office address and second is the client's work address where I am onsite everyday)

VO: How many clients do you work with?

Me: Informed her that I am assigned one client for 6 months and I have to support them. Provided her the client name

VO: So do you work full time at client site?

Me: No, I go to my employer's office first and if the client has any issues I go to client site ..(This was just what I got that time in mind. In fact I am assigned full time to one client which I thought might not be useful to reveal)

VO: What happens after your project is over?

Me: My employer is a big company so they always have some or the other project for me to work on.

VO: Where is your company based?

Me: Gave the address of headquarters

VO: Does anybody from your company come at the client site?

Me: Yes my manager and account team are onsite everyday at the client site

VO: Thank you, your visa has been approved. You should get your passport in 3-5 business days.

Me: Thank you officer. Have a nice day..

I was not asked for a single document for verification.

Can anyone who has recently done the stamping in Toronto this week and has got the passport back from DHL tell me how much time does it take to pick up the passport?

Thanks,

Archived