DS 160 Question: Passport lost & found

k kumar

Hi ,

I lost my passport a year ago, filed a police report, but within a few days got it back from the post office 'loat and found' dept. So I did not apply for a new passport at the consulate.

now the DS 160 has a question: Has your passport been lost or stolen?

Should I say Yes, and provide an explanation for the same saying I lost it, but got it back?

Or

Should I say no?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks much

• 1 year later...

I am in the same situation. My passport was lost and found within 2 days while I was on a short trip to India.

Due to fixed return date, I had reported lost and found incidents to US embassy, New Delhi.

They said they had put a flag on my H1B visa but later removed it. For some reason the flag was actually not removed.

On my travel back to US, immigration officers questioned me for the flag. I showed them the email from embassy saying that my visa is good to travel and I need not apply for a new visa.

Based on this, immigration officers, after detailed questioning, gave me new I94, but advised to get new visa during my next trip.

Now I am not sure if I should put the passport as lost as it was not really lost. If I do, what are the implications?

Thanks and best regards,

Gulveen

Archived