H1B Stamping in Canada

raj88

Hi Friends,

I am planning to get my H1B Stamping in Canada, but I have couple of doubts, so please help me in clarify my doubts.

1. I don’t have US University Master degree (But I have India M.Tech degree), I heard that only people who

completed M.S in US and having H1B I94 are eligible for stamping in Canada, Otherwise need to go

home country (i.e, India). Is this US Masters degree rule is correct or anyone can go Canada for

stamping? Please do let me know if you know about eligible criteria for stamping in Canada?

2. Actually I entered USA with L1B Visa, then I moved to F1Visa (Just to maintain status) after my L1B

period ends (3 years), But recently I moved to H1B (I am in H1B Since last 4 months), my question is

shall I go for visa stamping now (i.e., Only after 4 months of my H1B approval) or I need to wait for

specific time period?

Requesting you all please help me in these doubts, based on this I will plan accordingly to move forward, looking forward for your replies, thank you very much and happy new year in advance.

Is there specific reason you are trying to get visa stamped in Canada? If no specific reason, then why to go through hassle? Next time when you go to your home country, you can get visa stamped. I personally does not prefer to mingle in stuff which is already working. You have valid H1B with I-94 received with your H1B. You are legal to stay till that day. For some reason you get 221 or any delay you just put yourself at risk. Canada is not your home country so you can stay there for long. Just adds complexity. To answer your questions,

1) Visa stamping is not dependent on place of your degree. I have not seen any such rule or read anywhere.

2) There is no wait time for visa stamping after H1B approval. You can apply any time.

Based on experience in 2008 - If you apply within days of approval notice, then sometimes computer data is not synchronized with central system so consulate can not see it. but is in days like 1 or 2.

Doesn't a matter which country degree you have ....

Only this you Should have not been "OUT OF STATUS" at any of the time in US.that's the only constraint.

That's all... U r good to go

But your second question more complicated after read that one you can better consult with some immi attroney i guess.

Archived