Going for Stamping after 2 years in India

itmember

Hi Gurus/attorney,

I was working in USA from 2005 till Feb 2010.

I was working on a EVC model in USA.

I came to India in Feb 2010. I am in India for the last 18 months.

I have continued working for my employer (work-from-home) on EVC model.

My H1B has expired in Sep 2010.

I have continued working for my employer (work-from-home) on EVC model.

I received my i797 (H1 extension) from Oct 2010 till Sep 2013 in July 2011 (after RFE).

I have been working except for couple of 2 month breaks during these 18 months.

I have not received payments from my employer during the breaks (ie., vacation).

Currently, I am working on a EC model.

Recently, my priority date became current.

I am planning to go back to USA & I would like to file for i485.

I will be attending for H1B visa stamping in Jan 2012 in India.

My questions:

1. What questions am I expected regarding a 18 month work-from-home employment and how do put the interviewer at ease?

2. What should I say, when asked, why haven't your employer asked you to come any earlier?

3. Since I have been here for so long, do I need to go for immunization (in view of H1B or GC)?

4. On DS-160, for the question, " Has anyone ever filed an immigrant petition on your behalf with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services?" I have mentioned YES. If interviewer asks more details, is it good to mention that my priority date is current?

5. My wife, who was working as a FT permanent employee in USA in the past, is now in India for more than a year. She is planning to accompany me on H4. I haven't scheduled her to attend the interview along with me, because, I wasn't sure if I would actually get my visa stamped without queries/221g/... Is it better if I schedule her to attend the interview along with me? Can I do that without cancelling my current appointment date at the consulate?

6. Which part of the interview should I be most worried about?

7. I have been advice to attend consulate in Canada if possible. What are the chances of getting a 221g/visa rejection in India (on a 1 - 10 scale) in my scenario?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived