I-485 Question

sravan

Hi Everyone,

I have a few questions regarding my I-485 filing.

Let me brief about my case first and ask the questions:

I filed my I-140 and 485 through company A in 2007 when it was current. my I-140 got approved and the priority date is June 2007. I sent check's to USCIS for my I-485. In one of the check I entered the amount in words as wrong to the amount in numbers, so they sent back the checks to me and told me to send the corrected checks. Meanwhile, I have sent them my medical reports and also i was received a notice to attend for my Fingure prints. I have sent the corrected check for I-485 later, since then i have not received any information from USCIS. If my case is valid they should have sent me the EAD and AP but they have not sent them. I have a LIN# attached to my notice which they sent me to send me the corrected checks.I used the LIN# and checked the status online, it says they received the application. Later I moved to a different company as this company is closed and I started the whole process and my I140 got approved with Company B. And I ported my previous PD (June 2007), Now my question is:

1. Do I need to file a new I-485 with company B

2. My understanding is the 485 filed from company A is not cancelled as it shows as Initial Review and I think they have last updated in on 10/03/2010.

3. How would I know how the 485 is in process or cancelled.

4. I was not married when I filed my I-485 with Company A, but now I got married. How can I add my spouse for I-485.

Please answer me with the above questions.

Thanks in advance

Archived