EB2 Green Card Eligibility

kapilrshah

Hi,

I know Green Card EB category is decided case by case and depends on individual and their company. But I wanted to get a general idea if I could qualify for EB2

1) Have a 3 years bachelors degree - BCA

2) Have a MS in Computer Science (equivalent to US masters as per education evaluation report)

3) Have total of 6.5 years of experience (2.5 years in India and 4 years in US). Out of it have almost 6 years in previous company and around 8 months in current company

I would like to know if I could qualify for EB2 if my current company applies for my GC.

Thank You

If the job that you are performing has requirements that meet the eligibility criterion for an EB-2, and if you qualify for the job by meeting all these requirements, then you may qualify for an EB-2 classification if your company sponsors your green card for that particular job. Otherwise, it really does not matter what education and experience you have.

One question, how many total years of college education do you have? From your posting, seems like 5 - which may be an issue - as a MS or equivalent implies 6 years of college education. However, the 5+ years of experience you have could be useful if they are in the same area as the job you are currently performing....

Without specifics, the answer to your question is a 50 - 50 chance you may (not) qualify.

Archived