Lost I-94 that comes with new I-797 after H1-B transfer

veerakumarvuppu

Hi,

I really need some assistance with regards to my travel out of country after H1-B transfer

In 2009 i've applied for my H1-B with Company-A and got approved for three years. I also had stamping the same year which is valid until 09/30/2012. In March of this year (2011) i've transferred to company-B and my transfer got approved with I-797 for another 3 more years which is valid till 02/07/2014.

Now i'm planning to go to India on 01/01/2012 and will be back in the country on 01/23/2012.

I lost the original I-94(Bottom Portion) that comes with the new I-797 for Company B, but i've a copy of that . My company's attorney has asked me to attach a copy of that to my current I-94 and give that at the departure because the I-94 number on the new I-797 is same as that on my current I-94 which i got during my previous entry to US.

Would that cause any issues on return at port of entry?

Thanks in advance

Hi Veera,

It won't be issue, if you have your passport copy of I94, even you can carry a copy of I797 along with original. All H1B I797 copies from any company or any no of extensions carry same I94 number. So just make sure, that entered in system while taking departure from country. Even fo record purpose, scan copy of I94, which you intend to give at Airport. Nothing to worry abt it, have a nice trip.

Archived