L1 Extn Denied before the RFE Response Due Date-URGENT!!!

Naveen2704

Dear Experts, Please advice.

My company filed for extension of my L1 B and L2 for my wife on 18th June 2011 for the petition that was expiring on 13 August 2011.

I recieved the RFE on 20 Sep 2011 and due date for reponse was on 16th December 2011.

I have answered my RFE on 14th Dec 2011. When i looked online for my status I saw that they mailed me a deniel notice on the 12th Dec 2011.

I have 3 doubts here.

1. How can USCIS send a deniel on 12th Dec when my response due date is 16th Dec. Can I do anything about it?

2. My wife recieved the deniel mail and it says "If you disagree with the decision or have additional evidence, you may submit a motion to reopen by filling I290B with 33 Days". How will I290B process work for L1 Extentions. Can I stay in the country and work while it is in process.

3. There is a statement in the deniel notice online which says"You can use our current processing time to gauge when you can expect to receive a final decision" I didnt get what exactly they meant by 'expect to receive a Final Decision.'

I may have to leave the country in a week or two and totally confused . Please advice and guide me .

Best Regards.

The scenario you are describing sounds very unusual. It may simply be an error by USCIS, but I would need to examine the documents before reaching such a conclusion. There is ordinarily no grace period before a foreign national must leave if they are out of status and a petition to extend status is denied. Therefore, you must act on this as quickly as possible. I recommend you contact an experienced attorney who can review your situation and determine how best to proceed.

Archived