Join New Employer on previous H1 Transfer Info needed!!

kamy

Hello Team,

I was transferred my H1 to company A from company B (new employer) in July-2011 successfully in premium but due to personal reason I was not able to join the new employer B. I am interested to join the new employer (B) now.

Just wanted to check whether do I need to transfer my H1 again to company B since it is been six months now or can I join on the same H1 transfer?

Please suggest.

Thanks!!

Kami

In general, if a person has an H1B change of employer petition filed on their behalf while they are in H1B status in the U.S., and the petition is approved, the person's H1B status has been changed to the new employer as of the approval date. If the person did not join the new employer, then they are in violation of their H1B status even if the H1B I-94 dates from Company A had not yet expired.

This is a commonly made, but serious, matter. I recommend that you contact a knowledgeable immigration attorney in regard to your case.

The Murthy Law Firm has a very well-regarded Greencard Department with extensive experience who would be able to provide you with excellent assistance. Please feel free to call our office to schedule a consultation with one of our attorneys.

Archived