Unique Case: H1B transfer question. Please reply.

rameshkumarpr

Nationality: Indian

Jan'00-Aug'00 - Came to US very first time on H1B and worked for 8 months and left.

Jun'01- Came back to US on H1B with new employer.

Jul'04 - Company 'A' filed Labor under EB3 Category and I do have a copy of that approved labor cert.

Dec'06 - Joined company 'B'.

On Jun'07 - Finishing first 6 yrs on H1B.

Aug'07 - Company 'B' applied LC under EB2 and I don't have a copy of that LC.

Sep'08 - I-140 Approved with company 'B' and I do have a copy of the I-140 approval notice.

- Current visa is valid until Jan 2013 with Company 'B' and it is also stamped on my PP.

- On 19Oct, I got laid-off from Company 'B'. Will be on paid leave of absence from 19Oct thru 30Dec so will be on payroll until 30Dec.

- My PD to file I-485 is CURRENT right now but I got laid-off hence cannot file I-485.

- Company 'B' confirmed that they will NOT revoke my I-140 approval notice so that I can port my priority date with a new employer (Company 'C').

- On 31Dec, Company 'B' will notify USCIS stating I am no longer with them.

- Currently Company 'C' has offered a job (Systems Manager Position) and willing to do premium processing for H1B transfer.

My question is: Will Company 'C' be able to transfer H1B visa successfully? otherwise what are my options to join Company 'C'.

Please reply. Thanks in advance.

Since your priority date is current and you have a confirmation from employer b that they will not revoke I 140, you can risk applying for 485 based on the approved I 140

Please note that this will be a future employment based gc assuming that Company B will employ you once your get your gc

Your situation that company b laid you off and you are currently working with company c is almost certain to raise an RFE or NOID from USCIS

You can respond by providing documentary evidence from company b about their financial status and may be a letter from their HR saying they are willing to employ you when you get your GC

Meanwhile to make your case water tight, you may also ask company c to file a fresh labor, fresh I 140 and then file a fresh 485

This way all risk is minimized

Archived