I 485 documents issue

kasede

Hi,

My PD is current and i noticed few mistakes in the certificates when collecting the needed documents.

1) My mother name is spelled as XXX alias YYY in birth certificates ,where as it is spelled as YYY in mine and her passport too.

2) My birth certificate was obtained 30 years after i was born (through proper legal proceedings )... will this be a problem ?????

3) My marriage certificate was obtained 9 years after marriage . In this my father's name was spelled wrongly with one added letter.

4) My daughter's birth certificate has XXXYYY as her last name , where as it is XXX GAP YYY in her passport.

Will these be a problem for I 485 Filling . Can i fix this with affidavits ? or do i have to change every thing.

Thank you ,in advance.

If there is any discrepancy in the name on the birth certificate, if both parents' names do not appear in full, if the birth is registered more than one year after the birth, or any other pertinent information is missing from the birth certificate, then it is necessary to provide TWO (not one) affidavits of birth. In addition to the two birth affidavits, the I-485 applicant should also provide secondary evidence of birth (e.g. school record, hospital record, religious record).

Archived