New I 797 for old employer

gharik25

Hello,

I moved from company A to Company B. I have an approved i140 from my prev company (A) and also the i797 is valid for next 3 years (i.e till Oct 2014).

Now when i moved to company B i got it for only 1 year i.e Nov 2012.

I am thinking of to going back to company A after 2 months (say) from now as my GC prioroty date(June 2010) is coming ahead.

If i file a new H1B again to go back to employer A:

1) Will i get a new I 797 valid for next 3 years till Oct 2014 as in the old petition

2) Do i need to file a new H1B petition at all for my prev employer as it is NOT expired?

Please suggest.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, you will need to have a new H1B change of employer petition filed and approved if you wish to return to Company A for employment. The duration of this new H1B depends on the time requested and documentation provided in this new H1B petition.

If you have specific questions in regard to your case, I recommend that you contact a knowledgeable immigration attorney in regard to your case.

The Murthy Law Firm has a very well-regarded H1B Nonimmigrant Department with extensive experience who would be able to provide you with excellent assistance. Please feel free to call our office to schedule a consultation with one of our attorneys.

Archived