H1 B Renewal Visa Stamping experience at Delhi

cakeboss

All, I went to Delhi embassy for my H1 B (and H4 for wife) visa satmpings on December 12th and got both approved. I am a fulltime employee and working at the company for the past 8 months. My previous H1B stampings were at Chennai and Nogales without any issues. This is how our visa stamping day was at Delhi

My appointment was at 11 am. We reached there at around 10:30 am. There was a display on paper outside with time on it. This shows who can enter inside. After the security screening, we got the token number and waited for a 30 minutes for our numbers to be called. We then gave our finger prints for all 10 fingers and next was the Visa interview. With my previous experiences and job profile, I was pretty confident about my profile. After greeting the visa officer. this is how the interview was -

VO: what are your job duties?

me: xxxxx

VO: what does this company do?

me: explained about the business and products

VO: (probably looking at my company's website) this is xxxx and how do you fit in this company?

me: Even though this company is xxxx, I work in the IT department and I work on xxx technologies.

VO: How long have you worked in your previous company?

me: 4 years

VO: How long have been woking in the present company?

me: Almost 8 months

VO: what is your highest level of education?

me: MS in CS from xxxx university (from USA)

VO: what is your wife's highest degree?

me: B.E.

VO: Do you work at client location YYYYY?

me: I work as a fulltime employee, there is no client

VO: But, is it the same site as mentioned in the petition?

me: yes

VO: who do you report to? is it an employee of xxxx?

me: Yes. I report to zzzz who is also my company's employee

VO: Do you know the rights while working in the US? (showed the rights paper)

me: I smiled and said yes. (I have been working here for 6 years)

VO: OK. Your Visas are approved. You will receive them in the next 4 or 5 days.

me: Thank you. Have a good day Madam.

VO: Thanks.

So, this is the first time I was asked these many questions. My suggestion is to be prepared regarding employee/employer relationship perfectly. Also, they allowed my US born baby with a backpack inside too. Delhi should be a better option whether it is FTE or consultants (EVC, EC etc.) All the best everyone...

• 2 weeks later...

thanks cakeboss. this is for sure the best explanation of the interview. I am in exact same situation like you.

From the whole conversation between you and the V.O, the only thing I wanna ask is about the "rights while working in US". What kind of paper is that. how much time did she give you to read.

thanks much!

Archived