Successful stamping Dec 12th Toronto, Canada

kasamba1

Hey Guys,

So just thought I'll share my experience as well. My Visa Interview was on Monday Dec 12th at 8:30 AM. I stayed near the airport at the crown plaza. Took a cab, got to the consulate at 7:40 and stood in line outside.The security guard then informs us that no electronics inside, so with no lockers to store my cell phone, i paid 5 bucks to the parking lot attendant opposite the consulate to guard my phone (this was stupid of me, don't take ur phones with u). They started letting people in by 8:00. A guy checked the e-mail confirmation page for the appt, confirmation barcode and the passport. He then let us in. I went through a corridor, after going through security check.

At the end of the corridor they were again checking the I797 and the passport. They took the confirmation page here and put the passport and I797 in a blue transparent folder. They then let me through another door. We had to stand in line at windows 1 through 4 where they checked this folder again and gave me a token with a number on it. I had to wait until my number was called again and then in 5 minutes, my number came up on the screen. Mine came up on Window 10 and they took my fingerprints here. The lady informed me that my picture has a shadow and had to redo my picture. So i had to redo my picture at the photo booth in the consulate. The photo booth is automated and will only take in $10 Canadian. They were asking pretty much everybody to redo the picture so be ready with 10 bucks. After resubmitting the picture to the lady, i was asked to wait until my number was called again. I waited 5 mins before my number was called on at Window 7. This was the actual Visa interview. The guy asked me the following questions:

Who do you work for?

answered

what do you do for work?

answered

show me ur I-129 and paste ups?

passed the I-129 and just before i was passing the paste ups, he asked me if i was i full time employee (and i am).

What is your degree in?

Answered

Can you describe ur day to day activities for me?

As i was describing it to him, he started typing wat i said on his computer.

Where do you work in the US? (city)

Answered.

He then said my Visa was approved and gave me a white slip that had instructions on how to collect the passport. I took a cab and was back at the hotel by 9:30. The whole process took less than an hour.

Then i got an email from loomis express very next day (Dec 13th) Tuesday around 10:30 pm that the passport has been picked up from consular services but not ready to be picked up by you. Checked the consulate website and it had been updated with my waybill number. When i tracked the package on loomis express website the status showed that the package reached the loomis office Brampton at 10:30 PM. I chose Markham as the location for some unknown stupid reason (choose brampton it is closer to the airport and the package arrives here first). Rechecked the status on Dec 14th 7:00 AM and status said arrived in Markham and undeliverable (undeliverable means ready to be picked up). Jus to confirm I checked the consulate website, the summary page was updated and said the passport was ready to be picked up. I had initially booked my return ticket on Saturday to be conservative, but did not expect to get the passport this early. So i re-booked my flight to leave Dec 14th at 6:00 PM and checked out of the hotel. Took a cab to get my passport and went to the airport from there.

Reached airport at 1:45 and had to go through US immigration in Canada itself, no questions asked, jus finger prints.

Thanks for all who posted their experience on this forum. Goodluck!

I was there on Dec 12 for an 8:00AM appointment for a new H-1B.

I am currently living in Canada and will be directly hired.

Questions asked:

- My job description

- Status in Canada

- Degree

- Relevance of my degree to the job

Document requested:

- Passport

- I-797B

- I-129

- LCA

- Offer letter

- University transcript

Timeline:

- Dec 7, Appointment made

- Dec 12, Interview

- Dec 13, 9:15PM email received from Loomis Express

- Dec 14, 9:30AM passport with visa picked up at the Markham office

As kasamba1 said, many people redo pictures ($10). I was asked for change by somebody as he only had $20 bills.

The Markham office is reachable by TTC+walk ($3.00 each way) from the downtown Toronto, but it takes 1.5-2 hours each way.

Archived