Successfull Visa Stamping in Quebec City, Canada

gumsvisa

I got my visa re-stamped from Quebec City Canada.

there was a change in my organization and was asked the following questions

1) re-validate my education qualification. institute, name of degree, city

2) how long have i been with in the country

3) reason for change

For the most part it was a simple stamping experience. The weather in Quebec is brutal. So stay close by. Hilton, Delta, Royal Palace or Fairmont are th best option. Fairmont being just steps away. Rest of the hotels are less than a KM away.

The passport will not be given on same day. it will couriered to "neverland" (back of beyonville) the following day evening. So my interview was on Monday and I picked up my passport from Avenue Dalton on Wed morning. They do a great bob on informing you where you passport has reached via email. I received a call this morning (Wednesday) informing me that the passport is ready for collection. The cab ride from Hilton and back was $ 40 CAD.

Quebec is an expensive city. So plan to stay here for at least 3 to 4 days if you come for a Monday interview and 5 days if you come for a Thursday interview (they give out appts only on Mondays and Thursdays)

To complete your Indian Immigrant experience visit the Taj Mahal Indian restaurant (yelp it for nasty reviews) which is run by our Bangladeshi friends. I was the only one, so i took the liberty of walking into the kitchen and requested him to make me yellow daal and rice. which he did and was awesome.

Other Tourist tip: Walk along Petit Champlain. Lot of boutique restaurants and bistros. most of them have free WiFi. Thats where I did most of my work.

Check out teh Fairmont Hotel on Chateau Frontenac. Have an mean Old fashioned at their bar.

Food is unbelievably expensive. $20 a meal with a beer unless you do McDonald's or Subway.

two bars I went where the drinks were cheap

1) L'Oncle Antoine

2) Le Pub Saint-Alexandre

if you like pork, visit Le Couchon Dinque (free wifi)

Hi Gumsvisa,

Thanks for sharing your experience at Quebec city...what is your emplyment model(EVC,EC,FTE??)...

howz the visa stamping scenario for F1->H1 candidates on EVC model at quebec city....did you see/meet anyone there with EVC modell??

Please share it will really helps...

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Archived