Urgent help needed.

skr85

Guys,

I have a valid H1B from my company and recently my company merged with another company and got a name change and my lawyers said they don't need to reapply for my h1b because of successor in interest, They also told would provide me a letter as a proof for the merger. in this situation i am planning to go for stamping in January in India for my H1b, should this be a issue at the consulate or port of entry? has anyone gone to stamping in this situation? should i mention about the merger to the VO at the time of stamping or just keep quiet. guys this is urgent since i have already booked my tickets. please shed your comments.. thank you..

You have to mention that. If the new company is the successor in interest, i.e., if they bought all the assets and liabilities of the old company, everything is fine, as the lawyers said.

thanks joeF.. Will bringing up this merger issue by myself to the visa officer or the POE officer for that matter cause unwanted delays in visa processing? would the VO be in a position to interpret the letter of succession especially now when the visa issuers have become more strict.? your response is greatly appreciated..

Archived