GC questions on Spouse and Children..Thx

Hello Hi.

I am on H1 right now and my priority date for filing 1-485 is approaching soon.

My kids are school going in INDIA and I want to have then continue their education until they finish their schooling,

1) When my date is current, how long should they be available in US to file the I-485 and next steps required for a GC? I heard some say 2 weeks is enough and some 2 months.

2) Once my kids, spouse and I get the green card, can they go back and continue their studies in INDIA, but myself will be in US?

3) If the answer to question 2 is that they had to be in US. Considering my kids education and I focus on getting my GC first , Can I add my kids and spouse later when ever I decide.?

Kindly provide your expert advice for the above questions.

Thanks and Appreciate .

Sumanth

Hello Hi.

I am on H1 right now and my priority date for filing 1-485 is approaching soon.

My kids are school going in INDIA and I want to have then continue their education until they finish their schooling,

1) When my date is current, how long should they be available in US to file the I-485 and next steps required for a GC? I heard some say 2 weeks is enough and some 2 months.

2) Once my kids, spouse and I get the green card, can they go back and continue their studies in INDIA, but myself will be in US?

3) If the answer to question 2 is that they had to be in US. Considering my kids education and I focus on getting my GC first , Can I add my kids and spouse later when ever I decide.?

Kindly provide your expert advice for the above questions.

Thanks and Appreciate .

Sumanth

As far as i know, your kids will have to be in the US when you file the I485 and for finger printing. Once you file the I-485, you cannot leave the country until you get the Advance Parole document. The entire process might take 2 months or 6 months. No one can give you an exact time frame for that.

Once you get the GC, you or your kids cannot be out of the country for more than 1 year. Please consult an immigration attorney to get the exact details regarding question 2 and 3.

Archived