H1-B Experience (New Delhi)

Stillwaiting83

Hello,

I went for my H1-B stamping on December 5th at the New Delhi consulate. The interview went smoothly and I was informed by the officer that my "Visa request has been granted and I should be receiving my passport in about 2 - 3 business days". I even asked the officer if there is any further action needed from my end and was again informed that they have "approved my request and the visa has been granted". They kept my passport and my I-797A.

A few days later, I got an email from VFS asking for the following

a) I-797

b) I-129

c) LCA

d) Client Engagement Letter

e) Vendor Client agreement

What irks me is that I had all this paperwork on me and was not asked for it during the interview. Nor was I given a 221 slip or informed that my case would need further processing.

Has anyone one else had a similar experience? I'm being told that once I submit the paperwork (which I did yesterday) then I should have my passport (and visa) back within one week, Is that a realistic timeline?

Thanks for your help.

Hi Stillwaiting83 ,

Same happens to me. I went for visa interview on July,2011 and they gave white paper and it has written that your visa has been approved and you will receive in 3-5 business day. They have kept my passort, I-129 and client letter during visa interview.

After three week i new from them my case under admin process and after 3 months they send me visa denial letter along with my passport.

I am not scarring you, but inform your employer and client, they may get call or email from consulate/DOS/USCIS.

Thanks

Manish Patel

Archived