Change of employers during 7th year of H1-B with GC pending

Current situation:

My current employer has sponsered my GC and I have the PERM and I-140 approved, awaiting PD to become current. I have also received 3 more years of H1-B extension based on my pending GC application.

1. Can I change to another employer with a similar position and title?

2. My new employer is ready to sponser my GC process, but do they have to start all over again with PERM LC and I-485 or can we utilize the approval from my current employer?

3. If the new employer is agrees to show that the position required a higher qualification like a Masters degree, can I still keep the same PD, but file under EB2?

I would really appreciate if someone with good knowledge of GC process can answer my questions. Thank you very much in advance.

please consult a lawyer.

yes, you can change employer.

LC and I-140 is employer specific, you will need a new PERM and I-140 (since you have not yet applied I-485).

you can file EB2 and port your approved I-140 PD.

Current situation:

My current employer has sponsered my GC and I have the PERM and I-140 approved, awaiting PD to become current. I have also received 3 more years of H1-B extension based on my pending GC application.

1. Can I change to another employer with a similar position and title?

2. My new employer is ready to sponser my GC process, but do they have to start all over again with PERM LC and I-485 or can we utilize the approval from my current employer?

3. If the new employer is agrees to show that the position required a higher qualification like a Masters degree, can I still keep the same PD, but file under EB2?

I would really appreciate if someone with good knowledge of GC process can answer my questions. Thank you very much in advance.

Archived