Gap between L1B and L1A VISA

pmohando

Hi All,

I had L1B VISA and my I-797B was valid from Feb 12th 2008 to Feb 11th 2011 and my I-94 also was valid till Feb 11th 2011 only. I have entered US in Apr 08th 2008 and exited US on Feb 10th 2011. I didn't apply for any VISA extension and exited US and returned back to my country.

Now my Company wants me to apply for L1A VISA and travel back to US for new assignment, however still i haven't completed my one year stay outside the US.

My question is, if i apply now and get my L1A VISA and travel back to US will my 3 years stay in L1B also taken into account or not. Please clarify me.

One of my co-worker says that only entry date and exit date matters, however you can go-ahead and stamp your VISA but your entry date into US should be after Feb 12th 2012.

Appreciate if someone help me to clarify and understand better.

Hi All,

I had L1B VISA and my I-797B was valid from Feb 12th 2008 to Feb 11th 2011 and my I-94 also was valid till Feb 11th 2011 only. I have entered US in Apr 08th 2008 and exited US on Feb 10th 2011. I didn't apply for any VISA extension and exited US and returned back to my country.

Now my Company wants me to apply for L1A VISA and travel back to US for new assignment, however still i haven't completed my one year stay outside the US.

My question is, if i apply now and get my L1A VISA and travel back to US will my 3 years stay in L1B also taken into account or not. Please clarify me.

One of my co-worker says that only entry date and exit date matters, however you can go-ahead and stamp your VISA but your entry date into US should be after Feb 12th 2012.

Hi All,

Can someone help me on this

Archived