Getting help from the Indian Ambassador for 221Gs in Tijuana

karthikbht

Hi Friends,

I have learnt that there are a bunch of us Indians in Tijuana, some stuck for a long time.

I wanted to discuss a possible option (solution) for all of us who are stuck in Tijuana:

A good friend of mine is related to the Indian Ambassador in the US, Nirupama Rao. I have gotten in touch with him to see if she might be willing to help. By help I mean, her getting in touch with the US Consulate in Tijuana to expedite the 221G processing.

But my only big concern is since the Visa Officials consider themselves as gods, there is a possibility that an intervention from the Indian Ambassador could possibly step on their toes and if that happens it might adversely affect our chances of getting a Visa. This is one of the concerns I had and I wanted to run it by you folks and others on this forum to see what everybody thinks, before I act.

Let me know what you guys think. If all of you agree and there is a strong case for us to push matters using some outside help, I think we should do it and hopefully all of us can benefit.

All the best!

Karthik

I agree Joe, I planned my travel such that I could meet my family and friends in Southern California for the Thanksgiving weekend. And more importantly, I had to apply for a Schengen Visa since I was planning a trip to Spain in February and they need a valid US Visa for the Schengen visa.

I am pretty sure the consulate is following a process to make sure there are no loose ends, but I was trying to see if there was anyway to expedite the process.

• 2 weeks later...

For your information, Indian Ambassador or anyother official from INDIA has not right and question about this issue. They are no way involved in this regard. it is none of their business. they cant negotiate or solicit in these matters unless there is a clear unjustice or law violation by the USCIS.

It is up to the visa officer to and USCIS to give this information

There is no harm in involving Indian Ambassador if a lot number of people are struck. I know Ambassador cannot alter decision but atleast can find out whats wrong. Not all VISA officers are trained on handling VISA matters, I experienced in my last visit to Tijuana.

Hi vishnu9399,

Please, don't give your personal opinions, "

karthikbht" was requesting to expedite services, not to grant visa. He knows what Indian Embassy people can and can not.

Hi Joe, I appreciate your contributions in this forum. But, only one concern from my side is, If really we can go to our homeland and get stamped. We would like to do that, due to some constrains like (Time, Project and personal) we will be opt for third country. I bet, if you were in same shoe, you would do the same.

Karthik - I believe, it's nothing harm taking help. Try as much you can in all the directions. Even from congress men too. You will get a fruitful response.

Archived